« Home | A Siegel Wedding » | New York, NY » | Mexico Through the Eyes of Kyle S. Smith » | My Mexican Thanksgiving » | Kyle & John - Global Wanderers: Part 2 » | Kyle & John - Global Wanderers: Part 1 » | Job Update » | The Hoopty (Coche Azul) » | Our Anniversary Trip » | A Favorite Deadly(?) Topic » 

Monday, January 08, 2007 

Vamoosh

The Friday before New Year's, my laptop was stolen out of the trunk of a Nissan Tsuru.

I've since found out that the Nissan Tsuru, until recently the cheapest car sold in Mexico, can be opened with the same facility as a can of coke, that is to say, almost effortlessly. A handy little piece of information for those of you, my dear readers, who are tempted to throw your not yet stolen laptops in the trunk of a soda can with wheels.

Afterwards, I vaguely remember uttering some obvious lies like, "It's just money," and "Who cares? Computers are for geeks anyway." And really, to be honest, I only depend depended on it for my income, music, movies, radio, news, and English language reading material.

Right. I've moved on now.

The spirited youths who stole my laptop also relieved me of the post-modern Spanish literature that I was slogging my way through and the dictionary that accompanied me on the slog. So now I'm reading a Spanish fantasy novel for young adults - dictionary not required. I've moved on.

Here is a picture of a typical Tsuru. Look at that trunk, don't you hear it calling out to you, just waiting to get torn up.
And the Wikipedia on the Tsuru:
It is the same basic car (as the Sentra) only with minor cosmetic changes and mechanical downgrades to make it cheaper, such as non-power steering, downgraded interior trim, a downgraded braking system, and a mechanical clutch instead of a hydraulic one.
A special thanks to Marisol's good friend, Daniella , who loaned me the computer that I am using to write this. You are a lifesaver Daniella. Thanks.

Sorry for your misfortune...and thanks for the warning. I will be moving to Morelia shortly and I will certainly steer clear from purchasing a Tsuru!

You really should have avoided such a high-profile car in the first place. Even a "downgraded braking system" is still a braking system, and those youths must have seen those brakes and thought $$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!

I think we can all relate to this experience. One time someone stole my computer out of my car. Wait twice..........shit I am pissed again those f'in bastards........What is the saying? One time shame on me, twice shame you and three shame on Nate. I don't know but I am glad you got over it.

Looking forward to your return.

M&M

Sorry for your loss, Nate. I would have been pi55ing acid. We had some stuff stolen out of our car last March, parked, in broad daylight on Aldama, near Morelos. It was just an iPod, ("only a toy", yeah, right!) a jumper cable, my medications, some underwear, the car operator's manual. I'm over it now. :-(

¡Oye, pinches ladrones! Espero que mi iPod se borra cuando lo conectan a su pinche PC!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.